C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Intention

Sue posted this quote on Instagram honoring the loss of a friend.....and it's been rattling around in my head all day.

Don't you love that little spider!
"Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things break. And all things can be mended.  Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally.  The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you."  L.R. Knost

 


All things can be mended with intention. Well most things can....and sometimes it does take a little a little time.

I had a spot on my little Kawandi quilt I wanted to cover/mend. But mostly I wanted to add one more little patch...or tikeli as the Siddi quilters call it.

I loved the orange and purple polka dotted fabric already in the quilt....so this extra little tikeli patch seemed just right.  

If I'm being honest....I kind of panicked last night after I posted about giving this away.....and almost deleted that part of the post.  What if nobody responded....how would that feel? It's an odd little piece...with a funky color scheme...so not everybody's cup of tea. 

But I kept the post as it was....because it's my intention to be generous....and spread a bit of light in a broken world.

Pay attention to the things that rattle around in your head!

3 comments:

  1. It really is beautiful, MaryAnn. The colors go together so perfectly. And the little tikeli piece brings just the right touch. ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne! There is something about purple and orange that speaks to me. I would have not gone down this road without your nudge.....and I'm looking forward to you joining me on the road!

      Delete
  2. Oops… forgot to sign in. (Roseanne)

    ReplyDelete