C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Blueberries.....

 ....for Sal MaryAnn.  

Do you know this children's book...Blueberries For Sal by Robert McCloskey?  I probably read it hundreds of times to my kids.  



I thought of Sal while I picked...and ate...blueberries this afternoon at Winslow farm....just up the street.  They DO encourage you to sample while you pick.

There were hundreds of highbush plants....and most of them were just loaded with ripe berries....with many more to come. I will be going back.

I love the stages of color as they ripen.


And I absolutely love the meadow rue plant near the entrance to the picking fields....hundreds of tiny pink beads waiting to pop open.

No comments:

Post a Comment