C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Repurpused.....

....with love and gratitude.

Remember I said I had a plan for the circles I cut from Eliza's wrapping paper?  Today I cut smaller circles from a few pieces of art she has given me over the years to pair with the wrapping paper. She's given me a lot....so I wasn't depleting my stash too much.  I adore Eliza's art!

The wrapping paper was a pretty blue on the back....so I cut her art circles a bit smaller and let the blue be a border. Then I just put them back to back and ran them through the sewing machine.  I ended up with a 5 foot mobile she could hang in her room....or wherever.
It was hard to photograph it this afternoon... it was a little unruly in the breeze.

I didn't pay any attention to the order of the wrapping paper circles....so I got three pink ones in a row. But it will twirl a bit as it hangs so it's all good.

I think it's fun....I think I want one.

I am grateful to have a creative little 6 year old in my life.....Elisa brings me a lot of joy!  

Fun wrapping paper and very special art...repurposed with love and gratitude.


4 comments:

  1. What a special friendship you two have and everyone should have a friend like Elisa. That’s a beautiful mobile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is a unique friendship.....and this was a fun little project.

      Delete
  2. You are so creative!
    Lili

    ReplyDelete