C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Finished Piece

I finished my ombre fabric stained glass piece today.  Since I last shared it...I added a couple more branches at the top and made a few of the tree trunks more substantial. I fused this piece on stiff stabilizer so it holds its square shape nicely.



I bound it like I would a quilt with one long strip of binding using a very scant seam and mitered corners making it crisp and clean.  Much better than my last attempt.
I ironed a strip of fusible webbing on the edge of my binding so I when I stretched it around to the back all I had to do was iron it...no hand stitching.  It worked like a dream and is nice and flat.  This side will be glued on the canvas so the raw edges didn't matter.                                                                      
 
 
I repurposed a deep square canvas I bought at the Goodwill Store for $1 and painted the edges black.

 

I think it looks good on the deep black canvas...and the thin black binding just blends in. I'm anxious to try my next idea on the same theme....it's pretty awesome in my head!


No comments:

Post a Comment