C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Fragmented Forest

I love these sweet little crabapple blossoms with the pink stamens. The whole neighborhood is blooming in soft whites and pinks...it's a dreamy time of year!

My black hand-dyed fabric came today....so I got right back at it...adding the trees to another piece I made while I was away.

At this point I'm just fusing the branches....the trunks are just laying on top. I might add a few more skinny branches towards the top so I need to let it sit a day or two before I decide....time and space always helps.  
Although I love the variation in the hand-dyed fabric in my little mini from yesterday's post....I also like the texture and vibrancy of this gelato ombre fabric. My friend Lynn referred to these pieces as a fragmented forest....I like it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment