C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, April 22, 2019

Stained Glass Trees

I'm pretty happy with how this little fabric stained glass tree project turned out....and I'm excited about finishing the other two.                                                                                         

As I've mentioned before hand-dyed fabrics fuse so much better than commercial fabrics because they are chemical free. I don't want to top stitch the trees on these "stained glass" projects so hand-dyed is the way to go and I have some black on order.

I had one little swatch of black from a sampler pack...just enough to make the trees for my little 4 x 6.  I fused the tiny pieces for the branches first...then added the trunk pieces on top covering all my seams.




I got a little impatient and used commercial black fabric I had on hand for the binding rather than waiting for my order to come. Next time I'll stick with the hand-dyed and bind it like I do a quilt ...I'm not all that happy with my corners.  But all in all I feel like this was a successful experiment.














No comments:

Post a Comment