C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Round Three

Such a pretty spring photo found here on Instagram.  


A few days ago I was compelled to try round three of my taped watercolor experimenting. At the point the photo below was taken I thought it looked OK despite a few frustrations...but I ended up with a big oops.





Inspired again by Julianne's work, I taped the lines going in different directions.  I'm not so wild about some of my patterns...I think I can do better. And I had quite a bit of trouble with the gold pen I had on hand...it was a bit clogged and when it did flow would puddle a bit. But I'm having fun with my little experiments...so it's all good.

It's fun to take the tape off....but I should have been more patient.
I let it dry for what seemed like long enough....but there were a couple of gold spots on the edges that were still damp....so they smeared.  And as I write this...I'm realizing that the paint is probably on the bottom of my presser foot from when I sewed it onto the card stock.  Oops!


I turned this one into a birthday card for Jane...and she'll understand....friends always do.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE!!! 🎈🎉

I'm not as wild about all the writing on this one....maybe it's because it's going in so many directions. Maybe just one line would have looked better.  Experiment...practice...repeat.  I'm sure there'll be a round four.

No comments:

Post a Comment