C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, April 26, 2019

Souvenir

The only things I brought back from the UK were a few rocks and a tin of tea biscuits.... and of course lots of memories and photos.  But I had an idea for a souvenir and today was the day to figure out where it was going to go.

I took one quick panoramic photo of the rainbow sheds on Brighton Beach and was surprised with how well it came out. I found a place on-line to have it stretched on canvas....and for not that much money and a quick turnaround I now have a fun souvenir from my trip.  It's 8 x 24....I love the juxtaposition of the whimsical sheds against the more traditional city building backdrop.

Today I started playing with a colorful collage wall in the upstairs bedroom at the condo.  It's a work in progress...but it's where I'm going to land for a bit.  It may need some editing.

I like the way the image wraps around the deep canvas.  It's soft, but colorful and looks good on the dusty purply blue wall.   

 

"I spent a long time trying to find my center until I looked closely one night and found it had wheels and moved easily in the slightest breeze, so now I spend less time sitting and more time sailing."  (The Brian Andreas print  on the collage wall)

The irony is not lost on me that on the day we found the beach sheds was incredibly windy...Nancy and I were almost literally blown down the beach.  We felt like little kids...just sailing along like we were on wheels! It's one of my favorite memories!



2 comments:

  1. who is the artist of the green bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That artist is Matt Adrian.....I wrote about him here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/02/matt-adrians-birds.html

      Delete