C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Interesting and Unexpected

There's still a little bit of stubborn icy snow in our back yard in Portland....and as I was coming home from a walk this morning this oak leaf caught my eye. It was actually the imprint of the leaf in the ice that really got my attention....interesting and unexpected.

 

And...I got a few more little projects checked off the list today for Margie. I put together a spring bouquet of silk cherry blossoms and pussy willows for her bedroom.  The pinks compliment some of her sweet little plates and add a little feminine touch to the room.  The white teapot was a gift from her daughter Liz.


And...I made a simple valance for her balcony door.  I had the upholstery fabric on hand and it was the perfect compliment to the colorful fabric quilt. It adds just a bit more softness and color to space.

 

It's hard to see the fabric in the photo....so this is a close up of the nice rich colors.  And just for the record...her valance doesn't have a wrinkle down the center like this piece of fabric does. 😊



3 comments: