C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Holly Lombardo

I love to celebrate artists who inspire me....and one of those artists is Holly Lombardo.  She lives right here in Massachusetts and was born in and has a love for Maine.  Her work has been featured on the cover of an LL Bean Catalog.

Holly is an engineer turned painter and she captures amazing water and woodsy scenes and landscapes in acrylics. Her point of view...and ability to capture light and mood is just amazing! I enjoy following her on Instagram looking forward to her almost daily posts.

"I have always noticed the colors in nature: the greens and greys in the rocks and ocean, the dappled sunlight on the trunks of the great pines, and the blues and purples in the shadows of the snow. It is this color palette that inspires my work. With each brush stroke I try to capture light and movement between colors, and I let my eyes dance over the canvas as I record nature's artwork in my own way."
Holly Lombard...from her website



You can see that my latest fabric pieces have been inspired by a couple of her abstracts.

This first abstract of hers is actually called "Stained Glass Trees" and the second is "Morning Light."





I bought her 2019 calendar and hope to frame some of the beautiful images...each one is 12 x 12.  Maybe I'll do a collage wall!

Some day I'd like to own an original...but in the mean time I'll enjoy my calendar and look forward to her Instagram posts where she shares her process and inspiration. I also plan to visit a local gallery where some of her work is for sale. 

https://www.instagram.com/hlombardoartist/

https://www.hollylombardoart.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment