C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Heading Down East

I'm heading "down east" today for a girls' week at a friend's house on the coast of Maine.  I've been there many times...and have posted beautiful images from that sacred space.  I hope to share a photo now and again while I'm there...but I'll mostly be unplugged.  I've got my pile of projects, a few books, and my walking shoes and I'm ready to go.

But first I'm taking Margie to the Palm Sunday service at our church in Lexington. Once I drive her back to Maine this afternoon...then I'll be ready to go!  I'm posting this early Sunday morning...because there will be no post tonight as I settle in.

These two pictures were taken a few years ago on almost this exact date during another girls' week on two consecutive days.  Yes...I'm in love with this view it changes every day.


Before I take off on my adventure...I wanted to share a couple more watercolor projects from the last couple of days.  I'm turning all my experiments into cards or postcards and just sending them out into the world flaws and all!

I realized that the tape lines didn't have to be straight....I can cut curvy just as easy as I can cut straight....maybe easier.

I had a big oops on this one....I left out several letters in remembering and the "t" in anticipation was actually a "j".  So I covered that section in white paint and rewrote it.  Like I said...flaws and all.

I'm certainly going to do this curvy tape thing again.
I used a ready made watercolor post card from Connie's stash. It was actually pretty flimsy....so this is also an experiment how it will make it through the mail. 






And finally following along with a e-book called Creative Confidence I bought from Susan Black....I did a simple spring design loosely following her steps.  Her e-book tutorial gives lots of tips and tricks for several projects and I plan to spend more time with it...when I have more time.  Practice Practice Practice...Repeat!

I wrote about my first experiment inspired by Susan here in this post.




These were just a couple of the steps....If you want more you have to buy her e-book. I can see how I can improve it...so I'll just keep practicing! 



I put a little stand on the back to turn it into a little spring bouquet...and it's ready to mail.  

And...much to my delight I woke up to an e-mail from Christine... who was in the "Sticky Fingers" on-line class with me.  She also made a donation for our school bags.  My project from that class is still hanging in my kitchen in Lexington. 

Thanks Christine!

No comments:

Post a Comment