C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Imitation

"You should do what you said you were going to do that one time before you got all tired and then got super busy and pretty much forgot...you really should."  author unknown....but very wise.

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. Inspired by these sweet motifs by Susan Black I spent some time watercoloring today.  follow Susan on instagram have her large calendar hanging in my kitchen in Lexington and last year I had her smaller desktop calendar.  I think her work is delightful.

Susan has been working on a "100 day art project" ....she's almost there.




I think I liked it the best at this stage....before I overworked.  







I experimented with several things....too many things....watercolor, white pen, black pen, silver pen. I'm going to try another one and practice restraint!  But I had fun...learned some lessons....and I painted!!!

The best part was sitting  here watching the afternoon fade into dusk....my favorite time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment