C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, January 4, 2019

Homescape

Already the Creative Jump Start  videos have become a part of my morning routine....I love watching artists create. I'm pretty sure I'll keep up with the 10 minute videos....but I know for sure I won't keep up with an inspiration project each day.

I did spend some time yesterday working on my take on day three.  Andrea, the artist of the day shared interesting techniques using waves of watercolor and other media combined with words describing what "home" meant to her.

I'm calling this one my "homescape." I love watercolor....but really struggle with it. I tend to overwork it turning it to mud. So I'll keep watching the videos which are gently pushing me to practice and play....and that's a good thing.




5 comments: