C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Happy Birthday!

I can't help but be a little reflective because today marks the first day of the 5th year of this blog. Not only am I an introvert, but writing is not my strength....and here I am beginning another year sharing my creative journey and writing about the joy that finds its way into my every day life. Sometimes my stories seem a little silly...or even trivial...but hopefully my celebrating the little things is a reminder to you that there's always something good...something joyful....you just have to pay attention.

Today there were dozens of little things.

This morning I finished the Butterflies of North America puzzle I started yesterday. 







We woke up to a beautiful 3 or 4 inches of fresh snow and the woods was lovely as the flakes fell.





This afternoon the sky was blue, the sun was bright, and the long shadows of the trees were spectacular.




And this evening I walked out to soak in this spectacular sunset.  I didn't have boots on...but I was compelled to walk through the snow to the dead end of the street so I could get closer....and it did not disappoint.

Because of blog technology I can share some of my 4 year stats:
As of today I've published 1453 posts. I have 47 drafts that probably will never get published. When something catches my eye I start a post....then something else presents itself and the first draft gets shelved.  I guess I'll call it my "private collection."  88 people visited yesterday, 57 today including 16 from Sweden, 4 from Russia and 2 from France. As of this moment the blog has been viewed a total 65,472 times and that doesn't include people who read it in an e-mail.  I've gotten acquainted with at least 1/2 dozen women I've never met....some of whom I've traded projects or shared supplies. Another dozen people have shared how a post inspired them to try something new or simply reminded them of their own story to celebrate...and all of it brings me joy.

So I guess I'll keep going.  It's good for me.  It pushes me to pay attention and reflect...celebrate and share.   Happy Birthday Joyful Puttering!

2 comments: