C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Creative Jump Start

Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and do something new....so I just started an on-line class called "Creative Jump Start."  It's more of an "artistic journey" than a class....like a creative shot in the arm...and that's just what I need.

Every day for the month of January there will be a 10 minute video from 31 different artists sharing mixed media techniques, words of wisdom, and their take on the theme "My Home is My Castle."

I love all things hearth and home....and I've learned that a little structure is good for me...so why not! There's no pressure to keep up...the videos will be available for a while so I can weave it in when it works.  Although I can't share the content of the course here....I can share my projects and my own thoughts and reflections when I feel I have something to say.

My take-away today was just begin. Don't worry about making a work of art, use what's on hand,  and have a good time.

It took me back to my childhood home on the farm and a silly game we played called "hide behind the three trees."  I wrote about it a while back in this post.

I played around with some collage trees, remembered other silly games we played, and reflected a bit on my childhood home where the outdoors was our castle. It's a start!


4 comments: