C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, January 18, 2019

Getting Ready

I was hoping to paint again today...but I have a hard time being creative when I'm getting ready for something. My mind is scattered and I feel a little restless....I need to work on that.

Today was about getting ready for a trip to Wisconsin for my brothers funeral next weekend.  Plans needed to be made, tickets needed to be booked, and overthinking needed to happen.  Well...overthinking never needs to happen....but until I develop better skills that just what I do.

We also hosted guests for dinner...so I got ready for that too.....cleaning, prepping, cooking....all the things you do for guests.  It was delightful.

And I finished the stamp puzzle....a calm color journey.  Thank goodness for puzzles to fill in the gaps while I'm getting ready for things.





You can see that Paul and I are having trouble letting go of our Christmas tree.  All the ornaments are off except for the snowflakes but we're still enjoying the lights. So it's going to stay for a while and I'm renaming it our winter tree. And...winter's coming....we're "getting ready" for a big snow storm here in the north east!


No comments:

Post a Comment