C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Gibbs Lake Road

I put new batteries in the moon lights in my kitchen window in Lexington which should take me through the rest of the winter...or at least until I'm sick of it. These sweet little lights come on automatically at 4:00 and go off at 10 and I adore them.  We are certainly in the throws of winter....so the snow people are quite happy....and I added the little Valentine heart ornament Becky just gave me.  

A few weeks ago I wrote about a project I did where I described how comforting it was when my mom waited up for me after my late night waitressing job. Paul and I drove down Gibbs Lake Road when we were in Wisconsin....and I snapped a picture at that point over the hill where you could see the farm...and the light in the dining room. You can read about it here in this post: Where Mom Was.

No comments:

Post a Comment