C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 1, 2019

The Right Gift....

...at the right time!

The days since I have been home from Wisconsin have been quiet and contemplative. I've been working on my large puzzle, doing a few chores around the house....but mostly pausing.  I've enjoyed catching up on the Creative Jump Start videos I've missed the second half of this month...but I've not been creating.  I miss it.....but I've been doing what I needed to do.

A different sort of a creative jump start came in the mail today. My friend Lynn from North Carolina sent a creative care package and it was perfect timing.  She reminded me that a creative pause has been necessary....giving me and my art time to "ferment, ripen, and age."  "It will return" she reminded me "informed by this season." I know she's right.

So for today I'm going to share a bit of Lynne's comforting and creative gift.  The lovely quote tags were painted with Twinkling H2O watercolor paints that have a lovely shimmer (I think I have some...somewhere) and a thoughtful note was folded into a clever envelope.




Thanks Lynne!  Your kinds words and creative quotes were the right gift at the right time!

No comments:

Post a Comment