C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Exploding Card

I've seen different versions of an exploding card and wanted to give this particular one a try.

First I cut my paper twice as long as it was wide....in this case 6 x 12. I folded the X's first...then the vertical line down the middle of each side.  One you make the creases it folds up like a dream.

I decided to glue photos of flowers in the triangles....so made a template and cut up some photos.  I used a sharpie to cover the white area along the folds to better frame the photos. I also traced around the triangle photos to cover the white edge....I think it makes a big difference.

It easily folds up into a nice little square. For this prototype I repurposed a used calendar page mostly because I liked the weight of the paper and I just like to repurpose stuff. 
I added a little photo collage on the outside square....


...and added a quote to the center: "What good is the warmth of the summer without the cold of winter to give it sweetness." 
John Steinbeck

I'm pleasantly surprised how easy it folds right back up. 

 

I wrote a little something on this side...and as of today it's on it's way to Lynn in North Carolina.  I like having someone to share my practice projects with...it's a good thing to have an art friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment