C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Schedule It

"If you talk about it, it's a dream. If you envision it, it's possible.  But if you schedule it, it's real." Anthony Robbins

One of the most life changing learning experiences I've ever had was the Consciously Creative class I took in the fall of 2017 with Philippa Stanton, better known as 5ftinf.  It was a 6 week course where we spent time learning to see things we didn't notice before, gathering things we generally disregarded, and creatively documenting what we found. I have embedded many of the creative practices into my daily life and I will forever be picking up and celebrating found objects, watching nature shrivel up on my window sill, collecting and ordering color, looking for interesting textures and appreciating mood and shadows. I see things differently because of this class.

Just before Christmas I finally got my copy of Philippa's new book, Conscious Creativity.....I've kept it my little secret all this time.  I needed to be quiet with it for a while....reconnecting with her wise words, answering thoughtful questions, and completing exercises that once again are pushing me to examine my conscious creativity. I feel like I am taking the class all over again delving deeper into the art of looking and documenting.  I will be sharing more about it in the coming weeks....because this post is about scheduling it!

My niece Holly and her family have been living in England for her work and at the beginning of March, my sister Nancy and I are going to visit.  We will spend time with Holly and her family in and around Bristol then forge out on our own spending a little time in London and a little time in Brighton, where, if all goes well, we will get to meet Philippa.  Needless to say I am beyond excited.

I follow 5ftinf on instagram so get a daily dose of her creative energy...but hadn't been on her website in a while so while I was adding the links to this post I checked things out.

I knew Philippa was offering a new Conscious Creativity course...and I will admit I was tempted to sign up, but as I read through her course description I was so excited to find that I was there.....in a way!  She used some of my feedback as a testimonial for her course....that brings me joy!

Schedule it...and it's real!  Do it...and it's life changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment