C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Food and Shelter

I absolutely love this frozen wabi-sabi treasure in Janice's yard.  We laughed about the fact that it was providing both food AND shelter for some lucky little critter.  What's not to love about this!

"What if today we were just grateful for everything!"

Charlie Brown



It's amazing how the days have filled in...all good stuff!  But I'm hoping to be in the studio a good chunk of tomorrow during what might be a messy snow storm. 

I have an interesting commission project to figure out.  A friend has asked me to come up with some sort of an artsy way to frame a photograph of her daughter at her white coat ceremony as she heads into medical school.  

She gave me a few copies of this picture of her daughter with her grandfather and advisor and 3 or 4 ceremony programs to work with.  And....I can add anything else I want.

I've been thinking about it for several days now....surfing Pinterest and pulling inspiration snippets from my stash.

As I was working on another little project using photographs I came across some florals that are just the right colors.  I'll share that project soon....it's almost ready to send to North Carolina.

I think the majority of the piece will be creating different textures with the program pages...but bits of  these florals will add another photograph element and a touch of femininity.  We'll see.  I just have to start....tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment