C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, January 7, 2019

Life Lessons

"I hate it when people accuse me of lolly gagging when I'm quite clearly dilly dallying." author unknown

Don't laugh...but I think there are life lessons in puzzles.

I just got back to Portland late this afternoon....but while I was in Lexington I spent quite a bit of time sitting here at my puzzle table. Unlike the butterfly one I finished in just two sittings....this one is more tedious and is going to take me a long time.  Life's like that too. Some tasks just flow easily taking little thought or energy. Things fall right into place and you sit back and bask in the glow. But other things are more challenging requiring patience and persistence. You have to strategize, pay attention to little details, and just plug along celebrating each little step.

I think I need both....in life and in puzzles.


No comments:

Post a Comment