C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Christmas Block Puzzle

I'm back in Lexington for a few days and am finally getting the rest of Christmas put away...so I thought I would share my block puzzle before it gets packed up. I made it many many years ago out of some of my favorite Christmas cards at the time. This has always been my favorite side...it makes me smile.  



Once I cut the cards up into squares I adhered them to the hardwood block with mod podge and trimmed all the edges. I randomly turned each block for the next set of squares. Once all six sides are done I applied two coats of mod podge and a final coat of craft varnish.  Six puzzles in one!

 


This last side is a little odd....but I've always liked this simple black and white drawing with one home all decked out.  
               
  

No comments:

Post a Comment