C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Cake Light

As I settle back into regular life....I'm still traveling down memory lane.  That's what happens after a family visit....and it's better than writing about laundry and house chores.  

On Christmas Eve I shared memories of going to my grandmother's house and mentioned her light fixture that looked like an upside down cake.  I had forgotten that my sister LaVonn has that fixture in her dining room now...seeing it took me right back to my grandmother's house all over again.


My brother Doug gave me this picture of the three brothers sitting in the dining room at grandma's house Christmas Eve, 1964. I can still picture the festive holiday table settings my grandmother put together and that floral wallpaper. 
And those pillows....they just ooze grandma!

Edwin, Richard and Doug
My sister Marilyn had this fun picture....my Aunt Helen on the left...my mom, and my grandmother all holding baby kittens at her house.  They look exactly how I picture them when I think of them these days.






No comments:

Post a Comment