C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Twenty-Something

I'm home!  It was good to spend time with family and friends....to gather, share stories and celebrate our history. But it's always good to be home.

Ben and his new wife Sarah.
While I was at my sister LaVonn's I saw one of the most impressive pieces of art I've seen in a long time.  My twenty-something nephew Ben was a Pokemon fan as a kid....and probably still is as an adult. When he was a sophomore in college he happened upon an on-line pattern for a Pokemon cross stitch and thought..."how hard can it be?"  So he took it on.

Ben graduated from college a year or so ago and just recently finished his masterpiece.  From a distance it looks like a vibrant piece of abstract art....up close you can't help but smile at the colorful and quirky characters.
This isn't even the whole thing.

The details are incredible! His million + stitches are just perfect and I think he said the pattern called for around 120 different colors of DMC floss.  


And....being a good mom my sister promised to frame it when he finished. Well....she was a bit surprised that he actually did finish...but she'll follow through and get it to the framers.

I was blown away with it and really wanted to sneak it in my suitcase.  I can't wait to see it framed!

Good job Ben!



No comments:

Post a Comment