C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Melissa's Mural

I mentioned in my last post that my taped watercolor project was inspired my Melissa Doty. I've been following her on Instagram for a while and I enjoy her little mini book projects...and her paintings in tiny squares.





I thought I would share a major project she did that just fascinated me. She was chosen as one of six to paint a mural on large support piers under a bridge in her area. Using blue painters tape...she created a grid and got to work on these graphic square paintings.



It was fun following along on Instagram....and if your interested you can see a short video here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnP6heKBo6T/

No comments:

Post a Comment