C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Hope and Hand Projects

This post by artist Rachel Crawford really struck me.  It does seem that this crisis can't help but change us....and these words by Kitty O'Meara give me hope.



Paul and I have the luxury of going between two homes during this social distancing period....it feels extravagant. So today we drove back to Lexington....from the safety of one garage to another. 

Before I left the condo....I cleaned up my work table in the studio so it will be ready to make new cards when I go back. I will admit I love sifting through scraps looking for useable pieces.  It seems more and more clear that everything is precious.





I'm enjoying hand projects in the evening so I've been working on the colored inserts in my quilt strips.....

.......and rolling more of Connie's wool strips.

My friend Melodee had a special connection with Connie and is interested in this piece once it's bigger.  So I'm going to keep rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment