C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Spring

It's been a rainy day here in Portland and it's also the first day of spring....I'm hoping the rain will help move things along.  I also have to believe that when things start to green up and consistent warmer weather arrives it will improve our outlook and lift our moods. Mother Nature should be unaffected by the virus....and that feels comforting.

Last night I finished the rows of white squares needed for the other 1/2 of my cathedral quilt wall hanging....and today I started planning the color inserts. 
I'm going to keep this 1/2 on the wall until it's time to actually join them.  I've been trying to do chunks of color that flow into the next one and I want to make sure the colors flow between the two halves.  


I decided to do my color planning in the little guest room down stairs where I can leave it sitting and be out of the way. I'll work on one row and the connector colors at a time....but I started piles of colors that might flow into the other 1/2.  It's all kind or random anyway so I know it will be fine.  It's still going to take me a while...but this seems like progress....and the bright colors look a little bit like spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment