C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, March 8, 2020

It's How You Live It

Happy National Women's Day 2020.  I'm so grateful for an abundance of fabulous women in my life. I am supported, inspired, and lifted up by them.

"It's not what you do, it's how you do it. It's not what you see, it's how you look at it.  It's not how your life is, it's how you live it." author unknown

This quote came across my Pinterst feed this morning and it rattled around in my head all day long.

"It's not what you do...it's how you do it."

There is nothing that makes me more happy than helping Margie, my mother-in-law. Something as simple as catching up her laundry is so easy for me...but makes a big difference to her.  So why not do it with a bounce in me step and as if it was the most important thing I did all day.




"It's not what you see, it's how you look at it."  

I took advantage of a beautiful day and went for a walk around the neighborhood.  I walked out of the condo complex the back way which is not often accessible in the winter because it's not plowed.  But going that way allowed me to see things I hadn't seen in a while....and I took the time to really look.  It changed my day.                                                                

It's delicate and prickly and awesome all at the same time.                                                                                             

Do you see it?  And it's even a pinky red color! 💗


 I was quite taken with the geometrics, angles, and shadows of this fence.  So I looked with my camera....and when I got home and uploaded the photos I was delighted to see that the tops of some of the pickets reflected the blue sky.  If I wouldn't have stop to admire the angles and shapes...I would have missed the blue.

"It's not how your life is, it's how you live it."

I feel like I've been spinning my wheels a bit creatively. There are piles of painted papers and fabric all over the studio and I'm stepping over boxes and bags of supplies I've brought from Lexington that I don't have a place for yet. And sometimes I feel like I have too many ideas in my head but can't find my way....or even a clean surface to work on.  But piles and spinning a bit is just how my life is right now and today I acted like it didn't matter....and it shifted my energy.  And I may have even come up with an idea for a project with my precious book pages I think I'm going to like.





No comments:

Post a Comment