C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Wonder

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief."  Gerry Spence

Paul and I had to wonder...how could this happen?


Stalagmites form when water drips and the minerals from a stalactite. But that science doesn't make sense because there isn't any water dripping in our freezer.

So how did it happen?  I'm chalking it up to one of those little mysteries in life that are just there to make us smile....and wonder.
I came across this little watercolor tree from who knows when and wondered if I could overpaint it paper.

I started by spraying it with fixative so the watercolors wouldn't run.  Then I started painting with papers.

 

I don't know if I'm done...but it's a good start.  And it was a good reminder of how an underpainting can be a helpful and an effective guide to paper with paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment