C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Manuscript Collage

I got back to a project today that has been patiently waiting since the beginning of the month. I had painted some of my precious manuscript book pages with my gel plate, added leaf stenciling, and wanted to do some sort of a collage.

I covered a 10 x 22 repurposed paint panel with tinted gesso and using soft matte gel I started collaging the papers.



I worked small areas at a time letting it dry while I planned and cut the next section. The book pages are pretty heavy so adhered really well without buckling.
The little stamp you see is not glued on. I found it on my work table and I keep it around reminding me how hard these front line professionals are working....sometimes without adequate protective gear. I heard some of their gut wrenching stories today and my heart aches for them.



I didn't quite finish....but will tomorrow and see if it needs something more.  I also want to cover all the edges of the panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment