C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Art Friends

I'm so lucky to have art friends. 

Becky gifted everyone in our art group a set of these tiny art cards. The paper feels like watercolor paper....it's nice and sturdy and seems like it would take any media.

The cards fit onto these little discs...and are easily flipped through like a spiral notebook.


These sweet little substrates are going to be the blank canvas for our next art trade.  

We will create a little art piece based on a chosen theme for each round and send it to someone in the group. Becky, Tracie and Brenda got together recently to iron out the details and I'm just waiting to hear when to start, what the first theme is....and who to send my first one to. I'm ready to go...I think it's going to be fun! 

Stay tuned!

While they were together they had a gelli printing session and I Zoomed in for part of it. Becky joined the Zoom call on her phone and I was able to watch some of the fun...and offer tips here and there. It actually worked pretty well and it almost felt like I was there with them. I was in my guest room working on matches while I watched.

Here are a couple of screenshots:  Tracie is pulling some cats she painted on the gelli plate with sharpie markers.

And Brenda was creating a beautiful hydrangea print. She actually painted the blue on the BACK of the tissue or delli paper. Because the paper was translucent...the color came through the front but she still had the detail of the petals on the front. None of us had ever thought about this before....very clever Brenda!

  

Here's a little montage of some photos they sent me of some of their prints. 

They did quite a few where they printed leaves with the paper taped to the table....took the first print...then pulled the paper back to pick up the leaves then fill the space with with the ghost print. 


2 comments:

  1. The magic and mystery of the creative force is beyond words, but it sure does fill my heart and set it to singing. I love that in pulling the gelli prints, art has already been created, but it is just a stepping stone to MORE art. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magic and mystery...that's what I've always said about gelli plate printing. And I'm excited about our new tiny art adventure.

      Delete