C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Tea Bag Project

The Vintage Pencil puzzle has been done for a few days now.....and it may be one of my all time favorites.

And it's not just because there's a "Miller" pencil...which is my maiden name....and now my middle name. 


Roseanne gifted me a little pile of unused tea bags....just in case I had an idea of how to use them in an art project. 

Could I sun print on them? 

Yes...I could!


The first one I cut apart so it was one long strip.

That worked well....and I haven't done anything with it yet.  But I will.

The second one I left as a little pouch....and that worked well too.  I tucked three little print scraps inside...and sent it back to Roseanne. What goes around comes around. 

Next time I'll print on both sides. I'm guessing the solution soaked through...but I should have flipped it over so the backside got some sun. 

A tea bag project with nothing but potential! Thanks Roseanne!

   

5 comments:

  1. Great idea, Roseanne! You knew MaryAnn would run with it, and run with it she did! MaryAnn, you make such magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence Dotty! I know I "had this one in the bag!"

      Delete
  2. And I am such a happy recipient! They truly are so pretty in person.
    Thank YOU, MaryAnn. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Roseanne! Thanks for thinking of me...and sending me the tea bags in the first place! We both see potential in so many things!

      Delete
  3. (Oops! Forgot to choose name instead of anonymous.)

    ReplyDelete