C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

BEAUTIFUL

I had to drop Paul and his bike off at Cyclemania this afternoon....and there was a BEAUTIFUL rainbow in the street!

 It was a "BLACK is BEAUTIFUL" rainbow....and it made me smile.

We got some much needed rain today....so I couldn't even be tempted to print. 

But I did assess my prints....and was surprised at how many I've done. I've been making a few cards...and have stitched a few pieces on watercolor paper ready to go into a frame. 

I'm quite fond of this little 4 x 4  patchwork....it fits nicely in this simple snap frame.

Yesterday I did another layered print...this time with sumac leaves. I'm always surprised by what tone of the blue I'm going to get.  Sometimes they lean to the warm side...and sometimes they lean cool.  This one certainly leans cool....more periwinkle blue than aqua blue. And the intensity of color is dependent on how long it sits in the sun....but it doesn't take long. 

There's a piece of this print in a card below.

I actually think these new layered prints are my favorite style...so that's what I'm going to focus on when I get another printing day. 


Here's what I've assembled so far....and I still have a big stack of prints to play with.... and...I haven't even begun using the fabrics yet. For some reason they seem more precious. 

Most of these are cards...but the pieces in the middle row are ready to frame.

I think blue and white is just beautiful together! I've always been drawn to it.


6 comments:

  1. The layered prints are stunning, MaryAnn! They're my favorite style (thus far … who knows what else you might come up with?!) also.

    The cards and ready-to-frame pieces you've made are B E A U T I F U L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! the process still fascinates me.....I just keep playing around with it. I am thinking about the layering....but have to wait for a sunny day. Thank goodness I have options on these cloudy days!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for the "yes" Louise! I'm certainly hooked for now!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your journey into the sun prints. I'm enjoying from afar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! So glad you're enjoying it! I sure am.

      Delete