C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, July 15, 2024

Etherial


Gretchen came over this morning and photographed my meadow rue with her macro lense. Or is it micro lense? Whatever it is...it takes nice close-ups. It's such a delicate airy plant...and so hard to photograph.

The lighting wasn't quite right....and only a few of the buds were were open so she might give it another try on at a better time of day. 

I made this montage to send to Alyson...but decided to post it here too! I don't really have the best conditions for meadow rue...but I'll keep trying.  

Maybe because it's a bit blurry...this is my favorite photo! 
It feels kind of ethereal.


Here's one I took a week or so ago of the buds in portrait mode. 
Again...the blurriness makes it seem otherworldly.

2 comments:

  1. Ethereal ephemera, methinks! These photos are magical! I'm not familiar with meadow rue—at least I don't think I am. Certainly not by name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethereal ephemera....perfect! Meadow rue was new to me too....but I love it. It's light and airy and barely there....and adds such interest to the garden.

      Delete