C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Goals

It's good to set goals....and it's even better when you actually meet one!

This is what 300 Christmas match boxes looks like. My goal was to get them done by the end of July....and was very satisfying to have reached my goal a full week early. 

And the best part is I got to take a little field trip downtown and wander around Folly 101 to make my delivery.

And to my surprise....Astrid wants 200 more in summer colors. There were just a handful of matchboxes sprinkled around the store in her various candle displays....can you I Spy them in the photos?  

So I've already gone to my paper stash (which keeps on giving) and I'll start cutting papers again...this time various blues, apple greens and little bit of yellow and red. 

4 comments:

  1. Big grin of delight here—your artistic eye and Folly 101's aesthetic are a match made in heaven, MaryAnn.

    And just how much fun did you have arranged your completed Christmas matchboxes? Those arrangements look like a jigsaw puzzle in the making … just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! That would be an interesting and challenging jigsaw! But I would buy it! My only goal when I pack the boxes back up is to vary the colors and patterns next to each other...but I always love they way they look in mass! Assembling these matches is almost meditative for me.

      Delete
  2. I love your little matchboxes! May I ask what size they are? So cool that you collaborate with such a cute little shop.

    New follower to your blog. I found you when I searched Pinterest for textile art. There is a photo of your work I would like to use as an example in my next post (I’m taking the plunge into textile art myself.) I would of course showcase your blog. May I have your permission?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice that you have found me Michelle. Glad to have you following along. I buy plain white matchboxes from an online party store and cover them with scrapbook papers for the store. The boxes are are about 1 1/2 inches by 2 1/4 inches.

      I would be happy to have you post one of my pieces as long as you link to the blog. Thank you for asking permission. I'd like to know which piece caught your eye. Feel free to email me at joyfulputtering@gmail.com

      I want to get back to fabrics...but for now I'm a little obsessed with sun printing. But I have printed on fabrics so will be sewing sometime soon...ish.

      Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to my joyful puttering!

      Delete