C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Dissected and Pressed

Oh how I love my white rain lilies! Three more blooms today and several buds coming. 

The original bulbs were a split from Becky...and I've also shared them with several people over the years.


Rain lilies just keep on giving.

You know I love looking closely at plants and flowers....the pieces and parts can be so interesting and beautiful.

I had already noticed the beautiful starry under part of Queen Anne's Lace....but it was hard to really see and appreciate in a pressed version of the whole plant....and in this print I shared earlier.

After a conversation with Gretchen I decided to remove the flower head leaving just that beautiful base. 

I collected...dissected and pressed these lovely stars getting them ready for printing.

I found an old journal that I wasn't using because it didn't open up flat. So I've cut out the pages and they are working quite well for sun prints. The pages were designed for mixed media so they can stand up to the rinsing parts of the printing process....and they are thinner than watercolor paper so will work well for collage.  

This is my first print on the journal paper....and there will be more.

I think these plant parts are just beautiful! Someone said it looked like a virus...not quite what I was going for...but it made me chuckle. 

3 comments:

  1. Star light star bright first star I see tonight wish I may wish I might : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, they make beautiful snowflakes as well. How lovely and delicate. A great success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think snowflake....until NOW! Yes! I've got more pressing! Hope things are going well with your printing and crafting Louise!

      Delete