C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 27, 2023

Moments

It was a great day today from start to finish....but there were a few special moments I want to celebrate. Sometimes joy just falls in your lap!  

I've been on a mission to get a great photograph of a snowflake or ice crystal....inspired by Alyson.  I do OK....but my iPhone is limited so it's hard for me to really capture things up close.  And snow is tough subject.

But I'm pretty proud of this photo from this morning.  Do you see the little flake balanced there on the lower left?  AND...do you see the little heart indentation on the right?

Alyson pointed out that snowflakes are easier to photograph on hard non-natural surfaces...so that's what I've been focusing on.  This was taken on a dark blue shovel with the backdrop of a bright blue sky.  Just the right combo!

And this moment tickled me.....you know I always celebrate it.

This wooden puzzle is tiny....and I didn't expect I would get this moment....when I would make a path from on end to the other.  Once I got the path going this morning....I had to make it to the other side.  
This has been just a delight so far...won't be long now.


It's always a good moment when an unexpected package arrives in the mail!  I got a fabulous gift from Ramona......she is a quilter, blog reader...and one of the recipients of An Ounce of Joy!  

Ramona gifted me this little pouch made from scraps left over from a quilt.  It's colorful and fun...and it was all tied up with a fabulous green ribbon. Which, by the way, was made from scraps from the fabric she put on the inside.

And here's her quilt where the scraps came from!
Isn't it amazing! 


4 comments:

  1. WOW What a phenomenal photograph! It will be difficult to ever replicate this one- not that you'd want to-snow really is just so beautiful. And the rest of your post- color, color, COLOR! I love it!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy....I was pretty tickled with it. And you know I love COLOR!

      Delete
  2. I love Ramona's skinny matchstick quilting!!

    ReplyDelete