C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Sealed With A Snippet

We had another one of those beautiful sunsets last night that changed by the minute......and I love this view out our patio doors. 

Sometimes I just tickle myself. OK....there might be a better way to phrase that....  but it's gotta be a good thing when you can make yourself chuckle.

That's what happened this morning as I was closing up the giveaway envelopes and it dawned on me to "seal them with a snippet."



Here's a few of them....I hope they don't fall off!


Bonus points for anyone who recognizes where this snippet came from.
I've blogged about this resource a few times over the years......it's still one of my favorite things to cut up.  The answer will be at the end.

I got this delightful handmade card from Susan today. These funky feathered friends were inspired by the whimsical art of Terry Runyan.  Her work is colorful and playful....featuring cats, birds, flowers...and big hair!

https://www.instagram.com/terryrunyan/

A page from the book about "blob birds."

I have followed Terry's art on Instagram for years....so how delighted was I when Becky gave me her book when I visited last summer. 

Who doesn't want to paint happiness! 

Becky is one of the people I make a calendar for....so I decided this year's would be inspired by Terry's Painting Happiness Book.

I did the first 6 months as a Christmas gift.....and didn't even take one photo.  I asked Becky to send me this one....because I wanted to share them after getting Susan's card. I'm not really all that proud of them....but I was pretty tickled with the connection with Susan.  Maybe I'll be proud of the next 6!


The little snippet came from my favorite calendar I used for years and years when the kids were growing up. You can read about it here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/04/sun-stars-and-moon.html  I told you every snippet has a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment