C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 6, 2023

#fabricrecipes

Jayne Emerson is one of my textile heros.

I took her "Water Soluble Magic" course last year....I LOVED it....and hope to revisit the skills learned in new projects.  I'm signed up for her "No Rules Patchwork"course....but I've barely started.  I have unlimited access to it....and it just got put on the back burner.  My back burner...by the way....is pretty darn full.

For the month of February Jayne is once again sponsoring a challenge on Instagram called "February Fabric Recipes." Each day there is a prompt where she encourages us to share a past or current textile project honoring the day's theme. Inspiration abounds!

I'm trying to play along....and it's giving me a chance to look back at some of my past work....and my hope is to actually make some new ones.   https://www.instagram.com/joyfulputtering/

Today the day 6 prompt was "print"...and although most people shared images where they actually printed on fabric....I chose to revisit my cathedral window quilt celebrating 900 little "print" swatches as the inserts.  It's the focal point in my studio.








This is an old photo....I haven't cleaned this 1/2 of the studio yet.....it's that easily sidetracked issue. I need about a dozen 8th days of the week!  I'm seeing the green grass and leaves out my studio window in the photo...and although I'm not wishing winter away....it doesn't hurt to dream a little bit about the other seasons.



I'm almost ready to get 25 Ounces of Joy in the mail.....but I'm having trouble actually committing to sealing them up.  It seems so final. It's been a fun and interesting exercise for me...and although I had all the piles sorted....I tweaked every single one of them when I filled the envelope.  

Here are a few more of YOUR JOYS:

  • A walk on the beach
  • A line full of clean washing blowing in the wind
  • Daffodils in the backyard
  • Shared art projects
  • Seeing the first snowdrops
  • Getting together with the boys for a birthday celebration
  • Joy in the everyday
  • Falling snow
  • Being an integral part of grandkids lives
And Lily shared this photo of things that bring her joy.....

handmade little houses, dried artichokes and roses from Christmas....all displayed in a handmade birch bark basket. 

 I'm calling this a #joy recipe!


2 comments:

  1. That quilt!!!!!! Absolutely astounding!!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! It was my "take a long" project when I traveled and had weekends with friends since it was all hand stitching and mobile. Some of my friends have made three or 4 bed sized quits....I'm sticking with just the wall hanging. I did enjoy it, however.

      Delete