C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 17, 2023

Down East

"This is the power of gathering: it inspires us, delightfully, to be more hopeful, more joyful, more thoughtful; in a word, more alive." Alice Waters

Tomorrow morning I'm heading as far down east as you can go in Maine to spend 5 days with Jane and Patsy....two of my very dear friends.

For those of you who might not understand what "down east" means.....take a look at the map....it's technically that whole section from about Bar Harbor north. Much of the east coast of Maine actually faces south.....so....when you travel "up" the coast...you are actually traveling "down east"....as the Mainers say.

Patsy and her husband Brian have purchased their retirement dream home in this far down east neck of the woods.  And the house is literally IN the woods...but also has a view of the water.  Out of respect for their privacy....I'm not going to say exactly where it is....but I hope to be visiting often.  They're not living there full time yet, but are slowly moving in....and I can't wait to check it out and spend time with my stitching buddies.

There's no internet....but I'm hoping I'll have phone reception so I can connect to my hotspot for a few minutes each night to share some joy nuggets.  These getaways with friends are good for my soul.

As I head out with the girls....I often post this piece from Art Head Studio.....just because I love everything about it.  


I only had one little spot left on the winter stamp puzzle after I finished my breakfast this morning....

and I just walked away.
I finished it this afternoon....and lucky me....I'll get to start a new one when I get home! Hopefully I'll be back here tomorrow....from way down east!  

No comments:

Post a Comment