C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Joyful

It snowed all day today.  It's beautiful....but I will admit there is a little less joy in the snow this time of year.


Lily sent me this image from her local art center a few days ago.

I love that it's repurposed hardware.  Brilliant....and joyful.

And Patty send me a photo of a bin at the Container Store....and it's actually called "Large Joyful Round Bin!" 


You know how I love a good connection story....and I just learned how much fun it is to be the facilitator of a connection.  

Sarah contacted me after yesterday's post wanting to know how she could get in touch with Ramona. Sarah was curious how Ramona did her scrap quilting technique on the little pouch she sent me.

A few emails later....I got two women creatively connecting with each other.....and none of us have ever met! How fun is that!  

Ramona sent me another photo of a few more bags.  They're fantastic!

I have been working on the next step in Izzy's Confidence Kickstart class....and still don't know where we're going to end up. The last lesson is tomorrow.

I enjoyed this step.......and can see lots of applications for it.

I stitched some black lines inspired by my own handwriting. And I stitched from the back so had no idea where the lines would land....and it really improved my scrappy piece.  

"Joyful" was my starting point......I cut it in half the long way and joined it back together. I added more random lines mimicking some of the shapes in the writing and attached it to the back of my piece.


Then I followed my lines and stitched from the back with black thread.


Once the stitching lines were established...I did a second row from the front to emphasize them. I used transparent white paint to highlight the loops. There is a second heavier weight rectangular piece....and I have no idea how they are going to come together.  Stay tuned.

I love that "joyful" is hidden in the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment