C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Home

 "There's no place like home!" 

That's the name of this little handmade puzzle Anne loaned me.  It was made by her father-in-law....and it's quite special.

It seemed a little daunting when I dumped it out....didn't see much color.

But once I got rolling...I knew it was going to be fun...the pieces are incredible...and it's only 9 inches from top to bottom.

I have a photograph to go by....a sweet cottage with lots of gardens....
there's the color!


And in stark contrast to this serene puzzle.....I'm working on the project that goes along with Izzy's Confidence Kickstart class....and I'm throwing everything at it but the kitchen sink!  It's a little wild.

I still don't know where this is going to end up...but I'm following along with the lessons. We started with blank paper...did a little drawing with pencil and crayon (to act as a resist during painting)....added collage papers....then paint and lots of stitching. Next I fused a few fabric dots and added a little more stitching.  It started as a rectangle but we were supposed to cut it in half and join the two pieces together.  It's been a wild ride so far....but I'm rolling with it.
I realized it matched a section of my entryway rug!

AND....I stitched the third panel on the lampshade.....three to go!  

And...an evening of dinner and cards with friends....it was a good day at home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment