C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 13, 2023

Lucky Rocks

A few days ago I mentioned that Anne was working on a fabulous project....and I couldn't love it more. 

Anne collects what she calls lucky rocks...ones that have a continuous white line around them. I've also heard them called wishing stones

Here....she created a heart by connecting the white lines in the rocks she found on the beach. 

This arrangement gave her an idea.

After drawing a pattern....Anne used wool scraps to make some rocks and attached them to some linen with a blanket stitch. Then she turned them into lucky rocks by adding the white lines using a variety of embroidery stitches. I think it's just stunning so far....there's so much beautiful texture!  She may turn it into a table runner and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Anne and I did an art trade several years ago....and she has been doing them with her sisters ever since. 

This was a card she made last September for their trade. You can see her assembled heart in the middle...and the larger heart around it made by her husband Dana.
I've got a little collection of lucky rocks too....I've always found them fascinating!  And I wonder if it's double luck if there are two continuous white lines...or maybe it's worth 2 wishes!  I'm going with YES!


I've put a few of my rocks on my puzzle table.  I love that this little spot has become a bit of a gallery for me.....with special things I want to see every day.  I still have Lily's painted rock from Alaska in my gallery.


And speaking of puzzles....I joined the top to the bottom of my winter stamp puzzle this morning....and that's always worth celebrating!  Ha ha....I just realized as I was writing this....that this top to bottom connection makes "continuous line".....just like on the lucky rocks!  And now I'm chuckling because I DID find a way to bring the title back in at the end.....and it's OK if I'm the only one who is amused.
 

1 comment: