C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, February 5, 2023

An Eighth Day

I was looking back in my photos for something....and came across this comic my son Sam sent me several years ago. I've shared it before....but it made me smile again so I thought you might enjoy it too. He knows me well!  

Couldn't we all use an 8th day to just putter!


I had video chat with my 4 siblings today....two sisters are in the Madison, Wisconsin area, one sister is in Minneapolis, and my brother is in Atlanta.  And just yesterday  Margie had a Zoom chat with her two siblings. Her sister lives in Colorado, and her brother lives in Hawaii.  It's always a good thing to connect with family.  

I painted these little watercolors all at the same time in a grid a while back...then cut them up.  I think they're precious little snippets....and now I'm tucking them in some of the the envelopes.  
Speaking of the envelopes....that's what I puttered with today...on this 7th day of the week.  I've got all the envelopes for the giveaway all clipped and lined....and I thought I  share a tip.
Once I have the liner cut and folded...I glue JUST the part that attaches to the flap down to the crease...tucking the rest inside.

I tried glueing the whole thing....but that made it impossible to easily close the envelope. I have also come to learn that some of the small snippets might end up tucked underneath that lower part....so if you're getting An Ounce of Joy....be sure and take a peek.
I think it looks better to leave a little more of a border on the sides than I did here....more proportional to the top.  Didn't really notice it until I looked at this photo.


Elle sent me a world atlas a while back for collage and gelli printing....and I've already gotten good use out of it.  She recently suggested that maps would make good inserts for envelopes....and I couldn't agree more!  She also commented that these envelope liners could be personalized and made to match just about anything. Indeed they could! Thanks Elle! 

Now I just need an 8th day to keep puttering.  I am making good progress on the project....and I hope to have everything in the mail this week!

4 comments:

  1. The 8th day- too funny! Gave me a chuckle to start the day.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cracks me up every time I see it! It couldn't be more perfect!

      Delete
  2. I love seeing the happy photos you include in your posts!

    ReplyDelete