C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

The Beach

We've been pretty good about getting out for walks every day....including along  beach.  It's a little bit precarious to get down to it...but Patsy and Brian will improve that over the years.  

This shows you how far down we were....and just for the record....there was an easier way down. 

It's a typical Maine rocky beach with lots of jigs and jags.

The winters are pretty harsh....so a tree has to be really tough to make it down here by the water....this one is growing right out of the rock.


My fabulous found object!



There is a little landing place on a ledge part way down the path with a firepit....such a fun place to sit and enjoy in all the seasons.


And the view is fantastic!


I brought my new wooden puzzle from Amy along....and we dumped it out on one end of the table on Sunday morning.  At this point it seemed pretty daunting.


But we fell in love with it....and because it had the rows of colors it was the perfect group puzzle. We could all work on a section...and we would shift around when we needed a change.


And by Monday evening we had joined all the layers together 
and were in the home stretch.


I purposely saved this bird for last.


What an absolute delight Amy!  Thank you!


Here's another hand project I've been working on....covering this little lamp shade. (Linda....do you recognize it?) 

I've been hand stitching on the lining...and I just finished it late this afternoon....just a little more trimming to do. The polka dot fabric will go on top.  I'll keep you posted.




We head home tomorrow.....this has been a fabulous getaway!
I feel so blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment