C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 20, 2023

Scorebook

Patsy is a number girl......and she and Brian play a lot of games and cards with family and friends including Paul and me. Our game is euchre. Patsy keeps track of EVERY score....and a lot of other things that involve numbers.  I made her a scorebook back in 2014 that is nearly full....and you can read about it here: 

Following along with a book binding class with Gina Ferrari, I knew I the first book I wanted to make with her technique was another scorebook for Patsy.  She is so generous with her time and spaces....and this is something I can do for her.  So before I left Portland I folded the signatures....and covered the outside of the book cover. I used Gina's technique but used fused fabric rather than paper.

I wanted to have it all ready to stitch when I came on the trip....and it was the first project I worked on.

.

I'm pretty tickled with the result.....and so is Patsy.


It's a long skinny book....I just folded 8 1/2 by 11 paper in half the long way using this variety paper packet I think I got at Michaels.  It's a collection of graph papers and lined papers all in soothing soft colors.  The backside of each page is just white....but when you combine them all together it makes for an interesting variety for a score book.

And the spines show....and are pretty all stacked up.


We choose to add some decorative metallic pink polka dotted paper around the first signature....so that's what shows through the front and back peek-a-book openings.  It compliments the batik fabric well.


I used a variegated thread for the stitching...I think it turned out great!



I love how the stitching lines mimic the lines of the signatures.
A pretty fun scorebook if I say so myself.


We took a little field trip into Eastport for breakfast....here are a few of the colors and textures of this charming little down east town.  In some ways...the colors seemed to match the scorebook.  Life is good.







No comments:

Post a Comment