C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 29, 2018

1981

I'm doing some long overdue cleaning and decorating at my house in Lexington.  In just a week Paul and I will be hosting 20+ people for a church staff Christmas party....so it's time. Nothing like a party to kick you in gear.

One of the things I unpacked was a framed cross stitch I found at a consignment store last year.  I do cross stitch....but not this tiny anymore.  This piece was done on linen over one thread which means teeny tiny stitches.

I love the soft colors....and the old school feel.  It makes me smile.
Here's a close-up.  The tree is decorated with sweet little candles and hearts....and the fact that it was stitched in 1981 is one of my favorite parts....the year Paul and I were married.




I've decided to hang it in the corner over the mantle....Tootsie The Elf can keep an eye on it.....she''s one of my favorites.                                                                             
I decorate a little differently every year.....this year I'm keeping the mantle sweet and simple with a few of my other favorite Lori Mitchell figures....and my hand stitched treasure from 1981.

No comments:

Post a Comment