C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 1, 2018

"Stacks"

How can you not smile when you see this photo.  It came across my Tumblr feed and was taken by Kurito Afsheen.  

Browsing through Kurito's nature photographs on his Flickr account was just what I needed late this afternoon. 



Thanks to help from Anita and Dr. Adams my "Stacks" show is up!  I have some tweaking to do....but I'm happy enough with the result.
This is how the focal wall ended up....Dr. Adams always has a the final say in where things go. It's bright and happy and a good mix of different media. I think the wheat bouquet is a nice touch.  The stone sculpture on the table is one of Dr. Adam's amazing pieces.    
Most of the fabric stacks are going down the hall and that's what needs tweaking. I'll make a few pieces to help pull that side wall together a little better and I'll make a larger piece for that focal wall straight ahead.  I knew that wall needed a bigger piece....and I wanted to make one....I just didn't get it done.  So I'll just keep sewing and stacking.  
My artist statement:

No comments:

Post a Comment