C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 8, 2018

"All Stacked Up"

Several weeks ago I cut a pile of strips for a project that I was going to seam rather than fuse and I'm just getting to it. Over the last couple of days I've been sewing strips together to create a large focal piece for the show. 

I cut the strips pretty narrow so it took a lot of them to get it to the size I wanted and that means it took a lot of sewing. Half way through I was wishing they were a little wider. 

I finished the seaming today in Portland....but the top-stitching will have to wait a few days until I get back to Lexington. The top stitching will soften the transitions and give it nice texture. It's approximately 21 x 38 so pretty good size.

I think I'm going to call it "All Stacked Up."
I layered several stripes then transitioned with solids.  I used ombre solid jelly roll strips that I cut in 1/2 the long way then sewed back together in the opposite direction to distribute the color. I just realized this picture is upside down from the way I plan to hang it. It will be good to have "All Stacked Up" all wrapped up!

No comments:

Post a Comment